[Mpi-22] Another MPI-2.2 attribute ambiguity?

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at [hidden]
Thu Apr 16 16:14:28 CDT 2009

What about when you call COMM_DUP?  That's when the COPY callback will
be invoked.

In my copy of MPI_Keyval1_f.F, in COPY_FUNCTION1, it does the following:

       EXTRA_STATE = EXTRA_STATE + 1

And then later in the application, it checks the value of EXTRA1 to
see if it was incremented to 3 (by calling COPY_FUNCTION1 3 times).
Hence, it's assuming that EXTRA_STATE in COPY_FUNCTION1 is really a
reference to a global variable -- not a pointer to internal MPI state.

Does yours not do that?

On Apr 16, 2009, at 5:09 PM, Solt, David George wrote:

> We do have an internal copy of the Intel MPI tests.   We also down
> loaded a more recent copy for comparison.   In both cases I do not
> see code in MPI_KEYVAL1_F that would differentiate between the two
> interpretations.   All of the tests seem to follow the following
> general pattern:
>
>    INTEGER ATTR = MPIKEYVAL_ME
>    CALL MPI_COMM_SET_ATTR(comm, keyval, ATTR, ierr)
> <ATTR is not changed>
>    CALL MPI_COMM_GET_ATTR(comm, keyval, ATTR, flag, ierr)
>
> <test flag or test if ATTR is MPIKEYVAL_ME>
>
> Dave

Cisco Systems