[mpi-22] [mpi-21] Ballot 4 - MPI_THREAD_FUNNELED - was Re: Attending, topics, etc

Bronis R. de Supinski bronis at [hidden]
Thu Jan 31 11:57:59 CST 2008

Jim and Rich:

Then I suggest that fixing this broken semantic decision is
something that we should consider for MPI 2.2. It should not
break any existing programs and might even make some existing
ones standards conforming.

Although I can imagine ways for the MPI implementation to detect
that the one thread is not the main thread it is not at all clear
to me how it would matter to the implementation.

Bronis