[mpi-22] C++ MPI constants

Rolf Rabenseifner rabenseifner at [hidden]
Tue Jan 29 06:08:31 CST 2008

This is a follow up to:
  MPI C++ Constants conflict with stdio
  in http://www.cs.uiuc.edu/homes/wgropp/projects/parallel/MPI/mpi-errata/index.html
with mail discussion in
  http://www.cs.uiuc.edu/homes/wgropp/projects/parallel/MPI/mpi-errata/discuss/C++constants/
___________________________________
I want to add the following first part of a mail in another track
to this track because it mentions that the C++ problem with
SEEK_SET, SEEK_CUR, and SEEK_END does not only exist with stdio.h
but also with fcntl.h .
              -------
___________________________________
forwarded mail:
(From Shared File Pointers,
 http://www.cs.uiuc.edu/homes/wgropp/projects/parallel/MPI/mpi-errata/discuss/sharedfile/ )
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 14:53:30 -0500 (EST)
From: Leonard Wisniewski - Sun High Performance Computing <lenbo_at_XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX>
Subject: Two MPI I/O questions
To: mpi-comments_at_XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Cc: thakur_at_XXXXXXXXXXX

I have two MPI I/O questions and I was hoping somebody on
this alias would know one or both answers.

1) The MPI C++ bindings for SEEK_SET, SEEK_CUR, and SEEK_END
will conflict when used in a source file in which
/usr/include/fcntl.h is #include'd.  I recall seeing some
discussion on this topic, but I don't recall the resolution.

2) ... [this topic is not part of the
        SEEK_SET, SEEK_CUR, and SEEK_END problem,
        therefore removed for this mail track]

Dr. Rolf Rabenseifner . . . . . . . . . .. email rabenseifner_at_[hidden]
Nobelstr. 19, D-70550 Stuttgart, Germany . (Office: Allmandring 30)