[mpi-22] FW: [mpi-21] Proposal: MPI_OFFSET built-in type

Rajeev Thakur thakur at [hidden]
Thu Jan 24 11:55:53 CST 2008

Is it an interface change? It would be an addition to the set of predefined
types, such as MPI_INT, MPI_CHAR, so it should just work I think.

>> MPI Datatype: MPI_OFFSET
>> Corresponding C type: long long int
>> Corresponding Fortran type: INTEGER(KIND=MPI_OFFSET_KIND)

The corresponding C type should be "implementation defined". It could be int
for example in an implementation that only supports 32-bit file sizes.

Rajeev