[Mpi-22] please review - Send Buffer Access (ticket #45)

Supalov, Alexander alexander.supalov at [hidden]
Fri Dec 5 16:05:24 CST 2008

Hi,

I'd like to review this proposal. Let's consider the following scenario:

- In the MPI_Isend, MPI maps the send buffer into the address space of the receiving process.
- In the matching MPI_Recv, the receiving process makes a copy of the mapped send buffer into the receive buffer.
- Once the copy is complete, the send buffer is mapped back into the sender address space during the wait/test call.

What will happen one tries to access the send buffer in between?

Best regards.

Alexander

________________________________
From: mpi-22-bounces_at_[hidden] [mailto:mpi-22-bounces_at_[hidden]] On Behalf Of Erez Haba
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2008 10:48 PM
To: MPI 2.2
Subject: [Mpi-22] please review - Send Buffer Access (ticket #45)

This proposal has passed 1st voting and needs reviewers.  We need 3 volunteers to sign-off on this proposal, plus the 3 chapter authors to sign-off on the text.

The Chapter Authors for

Chapter 3: Point-to-Point Communication
Chapter 5: Collective Communication
Chapter 11: One-Sided Communication

Please add a comment to the ticket saying that you reviewed the proposal, or please send me your comments.

Send Buffer Access: https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/ticket/45

Thanks,
.Erez

Intel GmbH
Dornacher Strasse 1
85622 Feldkirchen/Muenchen Germany
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Douglas Lusk, Peter Gleissner, Hannes Schwaderer
Registergericht: Muenchen HRB 47456 Ust.-IdNr.
VAT Registration No.: DE129385895
Citibank Frankfurt (BLZ 502 109 00) 600119052

*