[Mpi-22] catalog of issues

Richard Treumann treumann at [hidden]
Mon Apr 7 11:05:48 CDT 2008

Is there a catalog of issues that will be considered as part of MPI 2.2?
The WIKI has something about send buffer access and about C bindings const
correctness but I am not aware of a place where I can see whether some
issue has been listed as an MPI 2.2 topic.

There are assorted suggestions from MPI 2.1 that were deemed too
controversial or complex and got moved to MPI 2.2 but I do not have a list.

There are topics like MPI_ALLTOALLX that I assume are to be considered.

There are others we have discussed in the past like what it means with
MPI_ERRORS_ARE_FATAL if  MPI_ALLOC_MEM cannot provide the requested space.
(Do we add MPI_TRY_ALLOC_MEM(size, info, baseptr, av_flag  and deprecate
MPI_ALLOC_MEM?  Mem not available would still return MPI_SUCCESS and the
app would test av_flag to be sure the memory was actually provided.)

There are some that may have not been mentioned before (or maybe they have
and I do not recall).  For example should there be an MPI_GROUP_DUP?

There are more I could think of and many I would not think of off hand. It
would be helpful to be able to check somewhere and see if an issue that
does cross my mind has already been recognized as an MPI 2.2 topic.

               Dick

Dick Treumann  -  MPI Team/TCEM
IBM Systems & Technology Group
Dept 0lva / MS P963 -- 2455 South Road -- Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Tele (845) 433-7846         Fax (845) 433-8363

*