[mpi-21] Ballot 4 proposal: fix attribute example 4.13

Terry Dontje Terry.Dontje at [hidden]
Thu Feb 7 09:49:12 CST 2008

Sorry I didn't send this out sooner but in reading the discussion for
the errata item "Interlaguage use of Attributes" I think the below
proposal has a potential hole that never was resolved in the mail
discussion in:
http://www.cs.uiuc.edu/homes/wgropp/projects/parallel/MPI/mpi-errata/discuss/getattr/

The specific hole pointed out by Nick Nevin in the following paragraph
from the email discussion:

This might work for predefined attributes where the address can
point to the integer value in static storage, but won't work for
attributes set by the user in Fortran code.  If you store a pointer
to the integer as the attribute it may point to a temporary which
might no longer exist when you try and access it later.

So I think relying on the address passed in for the attribute as opposed
to the value could cause some
issues with Fortran.

--td