[Mpi-21] TODO - AUTHORS of MPI-2.1 - Workplan

Rolf Rabenseifner rabenseifner at [hidden]
Fri Apr 4 09:58:35 CDT 2008

Looks fine.
Stored and commited in the SVN.
Best regards
Rolf

On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 21:40:23 -0700 (PDT)
 "Bronis R. de Supinski" <bronis_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Rich:
>
> Attached is the modified pt2pt.tex that incorporates
> the decoding datatypes section, with my changes to
> bring it into line with a single merged standard. The
> task was not simple since the section includes a list
> of type combiners including those for deprecated
> functions. I chose to leave them there but to modify
> the discussion to conform to that status...
>
> Rolf:
>
> I also attach my current versions of ei-2.tex and
> removed-sources.tex, which reflect the move of text
> into pt2pt.tex. Ordinarily, I would commit these at
> this point. That way, the repo would be consistent
> with the versions that George and I will need to
> use in order to merge chapters 7 & 11.
>
> Bronis
>

> On Thu, 3 Apr 2008, Bronis R. de Supinski wrote:
>

> > Rolf:
> >
> > Re:
> > > my general statements do not answer you initial question:
> >
> > My opinion is that leaving obvious problems unfixed based
> > on an expected future version is a bad idea. However, I
> > don't want to argue over this since I think the best
> > approach is just to remove them now and then we don't
> > have to worry about them. Others have more concerns over
> > the time that they can devote to this (not that I have an
> > abundance) and might want to delay in any event in order
> > to get it right (at least mostly).
> >
> > > If you decide to move parts from Chap.11 to  Chap.7,
> > > then you both mus discuss this. You both are responsible
> > > for these chapters.
> > > And you should first convince your reviewers:
> > >  - Chap. 7: Rich, Jesper, Steve, Kannan, David, Bill
> > >  - Chap.11: Bill and Rainer
> > > My recommendation:
> > > Express clearly which parts should be moved exactly to wich line
> > > (all based on page/line numbers as **printed** in Draft Apr. 1, 2008).
> >
> > I have discussed moving the datatype decoding stuff
> > with Rich and Bill. I will move those sections as I
> > suggested, with an initial pass for the current review.
> > This works well for Rich since he does not have time
> > to do this for another couple of weeks. I hope to get
> > that done today.
> >
> > For the remainder, I will look over the two chapters
> > (7 & 11) and propose an initial merge strategy. George
> > can react to that; I don't know how long it will take
> > me to get that done...
> >
> > Bronis

Dr. Rolf Rabenseifner . . . . . . . . . .. email rabenseifner_at_[hidden]
Nobelstr. 19, D-70550 Stuttgart, Germany . (Office: Allmandring 30)