[mpiwg-rma] RMA chapter review: please review fixes; no meeting today

Joseph Schuchart schuchart at icl.utk.edu
Thu Sep 21 10:50:43 CDT 2023

I have opened https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-standard/pull/912 to
address the remaining issues.

I want to point out two pieces where I would welcome some eyes:

1) "As all \MPI/ \RMA/ communication functions are incomplete, they must
be completed":
https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-standard/pull/912/files#diff-abcde0810b89c0faf160df24683574bc0f017a2e677e3b8dd0d2d73116877a9eR1449
--> I rephrased this to differentiate between procedure and operation. I
also added "eventually" to indicate that the completion call can happen
at any time after the operation was started. I'm not sure that's the way
to phrase it. Maybe it's not necessary.

2) Rule U1 referenced "the following exception". I assume that this was
a reference to U2 because only U2 (and no other Rule) would apply as an
exception but I want to make sure this is a correct change:
https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-standard/pull/912/files#diff-abcde0810b89c0faf160df24683574bc0f017a2e677e3b8dd0d2d73116877a9eR3536

Please take a look at the changes and comment on them or approve them as
you see fit.

With this (and the previous CC changes) we're in good shape for the 4.1
release. I will update the Excel sheet referenced earlier once I get
write access.

We'll hopefully return to more productive discussions soon :)

Many thanks
Joseph