[mpiwg-hybridpm] Telecon 5/19 11am CT

Jim Dinan james.dinan at gmail.com
Thu May 15 11:16:00 CDT 2014

Hi All,

Our regular Hybrid telecon will be on Monday 5/19 at 11am central.  Webex
call-in information is on the wiki:

https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/wiki/MPI3Hybrid

In preparation for the upcoming Forum meeting, I would like to prepare an
update on endpoints to deliver during the Hybrid WG session on Tuesday.
 Currently, I am tracking the following open items for endpoints.  It would
be great to touch on these briefly at the upcoming meeting.

   1. Endpoints query function.  This was split out into ticket #425 as a
   general function to query whether MPI processes exist in the same address
   space.
   2. Discussion of communicator comparison routines in the presence of MPI
   processes that share an address space.  This appears to also be trending
   toward a more general change to support models where processes share an
   address space.
   3. Collective semantic for MPI_Comm_free.  Currently we are converging
   on removing the special case for MPI_Comm_free and potentially creating a
   separate operation that can be used to free endpoints in a
   non-THREAD_MULTIPLE environment.

We also have ticket #411 going forward for a formal reading at the next
meeting.  Monday is the deadline for changes, so please review.

Jeff, are you planning to do anything with #381 communicator info keys (or
has that moved to a different WG)?

Any other agenda items?

Thanks,
 ~Jim.