[MPIWG Fortran] Question about MPI_Status_f2f08() and _f082f()

William Gropp wgropp at illinois.edu
Fri Jul 10 07:49:08 CDT 2020

That certainly was not my understanding - I expected that these would be defined only for F08, allowing code in F08 to move status data to/from the integer status array for the prior Fortran bindings. I am in favor of clarifying the standard to make this clear.

Bill

William Gropp
Director and Chief Scientist, NCSA
Thomas M. Siebel Chair in Computer Science
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign