[Mpi-forum] MPI 4.1 RC2 Document and Upcoming Meeting

Wes Bland work at wesbland.com
Tue Oct 17 08:21:35 CDT 2023

Hi folks,

Sorry about the delay on getting the new version of the 4.1 RC document out for the upcoming meeting. It was very helpful to have the last virtual meeting to make a better document that is more likely to be adopted at the next meeting.

The newest version of the document is now posted on the docs page: https://www.mpi-forum.org/docs/
Direct link: https://www.mpi-forum.org/docs/mpi-4.1/mpi-41-rc2.pdf

Please take a look and let us (Bill, Martin, and/or myself) know if you see any showstoppers. Anything that isn’t a complete blocker at this point will be deferred to either an errata or a future version of the standard if the proposed document is adopted at the upcoming meeting.

Speaking of the upcoming meeting, the full agenda with all of the votes and readings is now posted on the website: https://www.mpi-forum.org/meetings/2023/10/agenda. If you feel that I missed anything, please let me know. The only thing that may change at this point is that some of the readings might be marked as getting an errata vote, but need to be changed into a no-no vote. Remember that everything that was on Martin’s list (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZpsyVTnfNHv85K9Mzi_3niNXdmQ67yV2iwSaoYBTGpI/edit#gid=1606317136) will be voted on with errata rules and anything that isn’t will be voted on with no-no rules. I’ll go through the list soon to make sure I have them categorized correctly, but feel free to let me know if you see something wrong.

The only things that are exempted from being voted on are the “editor changes” from Bill to fix whitespace, formatting, etc. You can find those by looking for any of Bill’s recent pull requests, but voting on those would be difficult as they are often needed after merging any other PR after it reflows the text.

Today is also the deadline for officer nominations and any other readings for the October meeting. For anyone who is interested in being an officer, please have a friend nominate you and you can still be on the ballot.

Lastly, please make sure you’ve registered for the upcoming meeting. The current list of registrants is here: https://www.mpi-forum.org/meetings/2023/10/attendance. Please double check that you’re on there and sign up here if not: https://forms.gle/tPvZNmT7ob7rNtqJ6

Thanks,
Wes