[Mpi-forum] MPI Forum Virtual Meeting Wednesday on MPI_Psend_init_c & MPI_Precv_init_c

Martin Schulz schulzm at in.tum.de
Wed Oct 11 09:52:39 CDT 2023

Hi all,

Quick reminder – talk to you all in 8 minutes.

Member of the Board of Directors at the Leibniz Supercomputing Centre (LRZ)

Email: schulzm at in.tum.de

From: Martin Schulz <schulzm at in.tum.de>
Date: Tuesday, 10. October 2023 at 02:05
To: Benson Muite via mpi-forum <mpi-forum at lists.mpi-forum.org>
Subject: MPI Forum Virtual Meeting Wednesday on MPI_Psend_init_c & MPI_Precv_init_c

Hi all,

We are getting close to the final version of MPI 4.1, but there is still the ongoing discussion on what to do with the mistake/decision that we took on the count parameters in MPI_Psend_init_c & MPI_Precv_init_c. For those who have not been following this, here is the link to the github thread:

https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/765

We need to settle this one way or the other, but a growing email thread does not seem to be the most effective way. Wesley and I are therefore suggesting to use our traditional meeting slot on Wednesday to hold a virtual meeting on this (Wednesday Oct. 11th, 10am US CT). Call-in information will be, as usual, on the forum website.

I hope this works for most of you and hopefully we’ll find an easy way to resolve this.

Thanks!

Martin (and Wesley)

Member of the Board of Directors at the Leibniz Supercomputing Centre (LRZ)

Email: schulzm at in.tum.de