[Mpi-forum] Two Procedures Document Changes

Wes Bland work at wesbland.com
Mon Nov 6 13:40:28 CST 2023

Hi all,

I’d like to announce a couple of proposals to update the procedures document to be read at the December meeting.

The first was discussed back in March and while I created the PR right away, I forgot to schedule the reading. This one merges the definition of side documents and the procedures document. Now all docs are either the MPI Standard or a side document.

Issue: https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/696
PR: https://github.com/mpi-forum/procedures/pull/9

The second is to simplify the procedures of the FRM to remove the extra vote where we vote on whether to repeat the FRM (the vote at the previous meeting where we had to vote “No” to continue with MPI 4.1).

Issue: https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/813
PR: https://github.com/mpi-forum/procedures/pull/10

Thanks,
Wes