[Mpi-forum] MPI Forum Survey Question

Josh Hursey jjhursey at open-mpi.org
Fri Mar 5 16:37:29 CST 2010

Jeff and I were looking through the survey notes from the last MPI
Forum meeting and were a bit confused by the following:
  * Create a compressed version of the histograms for Q.10 to make it
easier to analyze.

Q.10 was:
  How much are each of the following sets of MPI functionality used in
your MPI applications?
- Point-to-point communications
- Collective communications
- Derived / complex datatypes
- Communicators other than MPI_COMM_WORLD
- Graph or Cartesian process topologies
- Error handlers other than the default MPI_ERRORS_ARE_FATAL
- Dynamic MPI processes (spawn, connect/accept, join)
- One-sided communication
- Generalized requests
- Parallel I/O
- "PMPI" profiling interface
- MPI_THREAD_MULTIPLE (multiple threads simultaneously using MPI)
- Multiple threads, but only one in MPI at a time

Unfortunately my notes are woefully sparse on what was requested. Can
anyone shed some light on this particular statement?

Thanks,
Josh