[mpiwg-tools] question about MPI_T_EVENT_GET_INFO

Marc-André Hermanns hermanns at itc.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Feb 15 02:36:21 CST 2021

Dear Ken,

yes, I think you are right in your assessment.

I created a ticket

https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/438

and an accompanying PR

https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-standard/pull/518

and we should get this out as quickly as possible as an Erratum to 4.0

Cheers,
Marc-Andre

On 10.02.21 22:48, Raffenetti, Kenneth J. via mpiwg-tools wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In the latest mpi-4.0 RC pg 758, ln 16 describing MPI_T_EVENT_GET_INFO:
>
>    If the argument to enumtype provided by the user is the MPI_T_ENUM_NULL pointer, no enumeration type is returned.
>
> This differs from previous get info functions. E.g. MPI_T_PVAR_GET_INFO:
>
>    ... or the argument enumtype is the null pointer, no enumeration type is returned.
>
> IMO, the user providing MPI_T_ENUM_NULL to enumtype doesn't make sense. The user would pass a null pointer, as it is an output argument.
>
> Ken

Dr. rer. nat. Marc-André Hermanns

IT Center
Group: High Performance Computing
Division: Computational Science and Engineering
RWTH Aachen University
Seffenter Weg 23
52074 Aachen
Phone: +49 241 80-24381