[mpiwg-tools] PMPI and sessions init

William Gropp wgropp at illinois.edu
Tue Nov 10 09:27:01 CST 2020

Yes. We do not assume POSIX or Unix, and we try to stay away from specifics that can impact scalability (e.g., does this *semantically* require every process or node in a 10000000 node system to independently load files or save a GB of address space).  Some things do, and some do not.  But great care is needed to avoid tying MPI to particular implementations.

Bill

William Gropp
Director, NCSA
Thomas M. Siebel Chair in Computer Science
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign