[mpiwg-tools] Meeting reminder: May 7, 2020 (today)

Marc-André Hermanns hermanns at itc.rwth-aachen.de
Thu May 7 11:13:26 CDT 2020

Hi all,

I just commited the change to the pull request:

https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-standard/pull/161/files

Please have another look, as while typing it into the document, I
didn't like the "A user can ..." beginning.

The sentence we discussed was:

A user can only bind to a handle that is valid to use as input
argument to another MPI call (except calls to the MPI Tool Information
Interface) at the same state of execution.

I changed it slightly to:

It is erroneous to bind a control variable, performance variable, or
event to a handle that would not be valid to use as input argument to
another MPI call (excluding calls to the MPI Tool Information
Interface) at the same state of execution.

Does that still capture our discussion?

Cheers,
Marc-Andre

On 07.05.20 15:51, Marc-André Hermanns via mpiwg-tools wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> This is a reminder of our regularly scheduled call today:
>
>   May 7 at 8 am Pacific / 11 am Eastern / 5pm CET.
>
> Webex Info:
>   https://github.com/mpiwg-tools/mpi-standard/wiki
>
> *NOTE*: The WebEx information moved to a non-public wiki. You have to
> be logged into Github *and* have to have access to the private Tools
> WG repositories. If you need access contact me.
>
> Agenda:
> -------
> - Issue #160: Clarify behavior for invalid MPI_T binding arguments
>  https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/160
>
> *Note*: We will skip the handle introspection interface today and
> revisit it next week.
>

> Cheers,
> Marc-Andre

Dr. rer. nat. Marc-André Hermanns

IT Center
Group: High Performance Computing
Division: Computational Science and Engineering
RWTH Aachen University
Seffenter Weg 23
52074 Aachen
Phone: +49 241 80-24381