[mpiwg-tools] Embiggening for Tools Chapter

schulzm at in.tum.de schulzm at in.tum.de
Tue Jan 21 03:14:48 CST 2020

Hi Marc-Andre,

Thanks for the starting the discussion - given the fact that we rarely have a variable using more than “1” in the alloc calls, I personally think MPI_Count is overkill. Also, the parameter has a bit of a different nature, as it is an out, i.e., the MPI Library sets it, which makes it IMHO less problematic.

I would, therefore, vote for not embiggening MPI_T.

Just my 2c,

Martin

—
Member of the Board of Directors at the Leibniz Supercomputing Centre (LRZ)
Email: schulzm at in.tum.de