[mpiwg-tools] MPI Tools WG meeting reminder -- Debuggers

Ralph Castain rhc at open-mpi.org
Thu Jul 28 22:59:05 CDT 2016

Hello all

I provided a presentation on how one might use PMIx to support debugger attach/launch. Kathryn has a copy that she will be posting to the working group’s wiki, but you can also find it here:

https://github.com/pmix/publications/blob/master/PMIxDebugger.pptx

I have attached a file that contains the debugger-related attributes and structures we have defined so far. As I said during the presentation, these are just an initial draft I’ve been using for the POC - if the WG decides to pursue this approach, we would turn definition of such things over to you.

I should also note that I was corrected later in the day regarding my response to the question about PMIx adoption. I had inadvertently neglected my IBM and Fujitsu friends, both of whom will be releasing PMIx servers in the near future, as well as the LLNL Flux RM that is under development. My concluding statement that we are essentially missing only 1-2 environments remains correct, to the best of our knowledge, and we continue to work to fill those gaps.

HTH
Ralph