[mpiwg-tools] Prefix of PMPI replacement interface

Martin Schulz schulzm at llnl.gov
Sun Oct 4 10:38:07 CDT 2015

For what it¹s worth - after the last meeting I got some good ideas and I
started designing and coding on the prototype again; and for now I started
calling it the MPI Plugin interface (using the MPI_Plugin prefix) since it
will be much more generic than hooks or a plain tools interface. I think
this could grow into a very generic interface that can be use to
fundamentally change the behavior and flavor of an MPI implementation by

There won¹t be that many symbols, so length should not be an issue and it
also preserves the ³P² somehow. We can, of course, change things later Š

Martin