[mpiwg-tools] Reading of ticket #484

Marc-Andre Hermanns hermanns at jara.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Oct 1 02:07:29 CDT 2015

Dear all,

there were several comments and modification requests during our
reading of ticket #484 that will require another reading.

I put up the notes from the reading at:

https://github.com/mpiwg-tools/tools-issues/wiki/Notes-2015-09-24

Kathryn and I would like to discuss this at the next call on Oct 8, 2015.

The most pressing question in advance is that we think about where the
symbol _needs_ to be defined, if at all. The current definition is a
little ambiguous. As the variable is optional, the common
understanding during the discussion was that it does not have to be
available in _every_ process. Does it lead to complications for the
Debuggers (bookkeeping, etc.) if some MPI processes have the symbol
and others do not? Should we rather have a "all or none" semantic?

It would be great, if we could discuss this prior to next week, so we
can finalize the wording on this ticket during the call.

Cheers,
Marc-Andre

--
Marc-Andre Hermanns
Jülich Aachen Research Alliance,

Schinkelstrasse 2
52062 Aachen
Germany

Phone: +49 2461 61 2509 | +49 241 80 24897
Fax: +49 2461 80 6 99753
www.jara.org/jara-hpc
email: hermanns at jara.rwth-aachen.de