[mpiwg-tools] Ticket 383: Variables with the same name ticket

Schulz Martin schulzm at llnl.gov
Sat Aug 30 03:22:17 CDT 2014

Hi Kathryn, all,

Thanks for putting this together. I think, this looks almost right. Just
the string returns are not quite right, I think. What about adding the
following:

Page 15:

					If the name of a control variable is the same across connected
processes, the following OUT parameters must be identical: verbosity,
datatype, enumtype, desc, desc_len, bind, scope.
->
If the name of a control variable is the same across connected processes,
the following INOUT/OUT parameters must be identical: verbosity, datatype,
enumtype, desc, desc_len, bind, scope (assuming identical values are
passed in desc_len).

Same on page 24:
If the name and class of a performance variable are the same across
connected processes,
the following OUT parameters must be identical: verbosity, varclass,
datatype, enumtype,
desc, desc_len, bind, readonly, continuous, atomic.
->

If the name and class of a performance variable are the same across
connected processes,
the following INOUT/OUT parameters must be identical: verbosity, varclass,
datatype, enumtype,
desc, desc_len, bind, readonly, continuous, atomic (assuming identical
values are passed in desc_len).

Same on page 34

					If the name of a category is the same across connected processes, the
following OUT
parameters must be identical: desc, desc_len.
->
If the name of a category is the same across connected processes, the
following INOUT/OUT
parameters must be identical: desc, desc_len (assuming identical values
are passed in desc_len).

Martin Schulz, schulzm at llnl.gov, http://scalability.llnl.gov/
CASC @ Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, USA