[mpiwg-tools] The infernal "things must be identical" text (was: Meeting reminder for April 3 11:00 AM EDT, 8:00 AM PDT)

Martin Schulz schulzm at llnl.gov
Thu Aug 7 09:18:46 CDT 2014

Hi Kathryn, all,

I am not sure if I can make it today for the call, so here are a few
comments on the ticket draft. I’ll also add them to the ticket.

Thanks,

Martin

- Return the same INOUT and OUT integer and enum values from the relevant
MPI_T_*_GET_INFO function.
	Should include datatype values

- If sufficiently long string length INOUT parameters are supplied, return
the same
string valued OUT parameters from the relevant MPI_T_*_GET_INFO function.
	-> functions

- Return a handle to an equivalent MPI object from the relevant
MPI_T_*_GET_INFO
function.
	This can be removed, INFO calls don’t return handles - we return only the
type of MPI object, which is an integer and that is covered by the above

- Similarly, enumerations and categories in connected processes must also
obey the above
restrictions where applicable
	What about “for certain parameters” instead of “where applicable”

- Table:MPI_T_ENUM_GET_INFO should be removed from the table (we decided
to allow different numbers in different processes to support Jeff’s use
case)

- Table:MPI_T_ENUM_GET_ITEM is a bit strange here, since it is not an
GET_INFO call and so doesn’t quite match the text above (minor detail,
though)

- Table:MPI_T_ENUM_GET_INFO: we should either have value and name here or
neither, if we keep name, it should be contents of name to be consistent

- Table:MPI_T_CVAR_GET_INFO: needs to include contents of name

- Table:MPI_T_PVAR_GET_INFO: needs to include contents of name

- Table:MPI_T_CATEGORY_GET_INFO: needs to include contents of name

Martin Schulz, schulzm at llnl.gov, http://scalability.llnl.gov/
CASC @ Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, USA