[mpiwg-tools] Using MPI_T

William Gropp wgropp at illinois.edu
Thu Oct 24 17:35:36 CDT 2013

Its not part of MPI because the eager limit is an implementation choice that is not part of the standard, and not all MPI implementations have had such limits.  MPI_T is exactly for stuff that isn't part of the standard but may be a useful part of a particular implementation.

Bill

William Gropp
Director, Parallel Computing Institute
Deputy Director for Research
Institute for Advanced Computing Applications and Technologies
Thomas M. Siebel Chair in Computer Science
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign