[mpiwg-tools] Using MPI_T

Junchao Zhang jczhang at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Oct 24 14:30:42 CDT 2013

Hello,

  The standard talks about the motivation of MPI_T as "MPI implementations
often use internal variables to control their operation and performance.
Understanding and manipulating these variables can provide a more efficient
execution environment or improve performance for many applications."

  I could imagine that through performance variables, users can know MPI
internal states during application execution. But how to use that to
improve performance? What EXTRA advantages does MPI_T bring? I don't get
the idea.

  Can someone shed light on that?

  Thank you.
--Junchao Zhang