[mpiwg-tools] ticket #383: increase level of consistency

Kathryn Mohror kathryn at llnl.gov
Mon Nov 11 17:57:38 CST 2013

Hi all,

I looked at this to try to figure out how to shoehorn in text for this ticket and settled on an advice to implementors near the front of the document that reads:

Although this interface is flexible, implementations should strive for consistency in naming and definitions as much as possible. In particular, variables with the same name should have the same meaning across processes in a single job and across runs.

I attached the document as well. I'm not sure I'm happy with it, so suggestions are welcome.

Kathryn

Kathryn Mohror, kathryn at llnl.gov, http://people.llnl.gov/mohror1
CASC @ Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, CA, USA