[mpiwg-tools] Slides to discuss today

Junchao Zhang jczhang at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Nov 1 12:57:28 CDT 2013

Hello,
  I propose an alternative for Jeff's multi-device problem for you to think.
  What we need is simply providing names for elements in an array-type var.
 Jeff's workaround works but is not intuitive.  Having a state pvar which
simply gives 0. 1, 2, ... is an over-design. How about this one:

  // Return true or false in has_subnames.
  MPI_T_pvar_has_subnames(session, handle, int has_subnames);
  // If has_subnames, use this function to get their names
  MPI_T_pvar_get_subnames(session, handle, char * subnames[], int lens[]);
// Very like the newly proposed MPI_T_PVAR_READ_STR(session, handle, char *
const strs[], int lens[])

  Do the same for cvars, MPI_T_cvar_has_subnames();
MPI_T_cvar_get_subnames();

--Junchao Zhang

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 8:52 AM, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) <jsquyres at cisco.com