[Mpi3-tools] latest draft of mqs

Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) jsquyres at cisco.com
Wed May 22 16:03:33 CDT 2013

On May 22, 2013, at 4:44 PM, Kathryn Mohror <kathryn at llnl.gov> wrote:

>> Page 9 (Page 14 in Word), Comment JD19:
>> I think we agreed that we would not include the mpimsgq_dll_locations in this version and leave all extensions/improvements to document V1.1 or V2.0
>
> Right, I agree that we're only trying to document what the state of things is. However, he says the at OpenMPI implements this. Is that so Jeff? And does a debugger support it? If so, I'd think we want to mention it.

Sorry; I didn't see this before.

Yes, OMPI implements it.  But this is new/proposed -- it's not standardizing current practice (i.e., just because OMPI does it doesn't mean that it's current practice).  So I'd keep just the old way of listing the DLL; don't put the new way in -- that will go in version 1.1, or somesuch.

jsquyres at cisco.com