[Mpi3-tools] Tools WG webex: tomorrow!

William Gropp wgropp at illinois.edu
Mon Jul 1 12:37:50 CDT 2013

If there is a resource associated with the object, e.g., memory, you would not want to free it until the object was destroyed.  MPI_xxx_FREE has the semantic effect of decrementing a reference count, not necessarily destroying the object.  (Sorry if I'm missing the context - I was not on the call).

Bill

William Gropp
Director, Parallel Computing Institute
Deputy Director for Research
Institute for Advanced Computing Applications and Technologies
Thomas M. Siebel Chair in Computer Science
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign