[Mpi3-tools] New lead for MPI tools group

Mohror, Kathryn mohror1 at llnl.gov
Mon Jan 21 13:31:13 CST 2013

Hi Marc-Andre, all,

Yes, we have a few items that have been on the back burner for a while, and some that were brought up at the last forum meeting.

The items from the last meeting:
- Errata
- clarify that any thread can call MPI_T_Init_thread
- 3.1
- Look up CVAR,PVAR variables by name
- Allocation routines return variable length counts, dynamic
- Add passing of NULL for pointers
- MPI_Pcontrol extensions

Items for 4.0:
- Message Queue Interface document (like MPIR document)
- Handle Introspection Interface (like MPIR document?)
- Rework the debug/MPIR interface?

Also, the FT working group is looking at the piggybacking interface. It will be good to stay on top of that since piggybacking will be useful for tools.

Are there other topics that should be on this list?

I plan on setting up a telecon at the same time we used to have them, alternating Mondays at 8:00 AM PT starting Feb 4. I'll send out an announcement and call in information in advance.

Kathryn