[mpiwg-tools] Vector MPI_T reads

Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) jsquyres at cisco.com
Tue Dec 3 16:27:44 CST 2013

I'm trolling through SC-accumulated emails and saw one that prompted me to ask here (I think I asked about this before, but don't remember): is there any interest in atomic vector reads of MPI_T variables?

I ask because, especially for pvars, if you loop over reading a bunch of them, they're not atomic, and you might not get consistent values.  But if you can issue a single MPI_T read for N values all at once, you have a much better chance of getting an atomic/consistent set of values.

jsquyres at cisco.com