[Mpi3-tools] MPI_T session question

William Gropp wgropp at illinois.edu
Sat Aug 17 10:14:14 CDT 2013

I believe that the answer is yes, but note that in many/most/all cases, the session can record the value of the underlying MPI implementation variable at start time and then compute the difference.  It does mean that the access in a session may not be as simple as a memory reference, though a high-quality implementation could optimize for a single session.

Bill

William Gropp
Director, Parallel Computing Institute
Deputy Director for Research
Institute for Advanced Computing Applications and Technologies
Thomas M. Siebel Chair in Computer Science
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign