[Mpi3-tools] matching pvar session and handles

Junchao Zhang jczhang at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Aug 20 17:10:08 CDT 2013

To get a pvar handle, we pass in a session in
MPI_T_PVAR_HANDLE_ALLOC(session, pvar_index, obj_handle, handle, count).

It seems after allocation, a pvar handle should be bound to a session
internally.
If so, why do we need the session argument in functions such as
MPI_T_pvar_read(*session*, *handle*, buf)?  Is it there  to facilitate the
implementation to make sure *handle* is from *session*?
If not, what happens if users pass in a mismatched "session, handle" pair?

Thanks

--Junchao Zhang