[Mpi3-tools] Standardized MPI_COMM_WORLD rank environment variable?

William Gropp wgropp at illinois.edu
Tue Apr 24 15:24:48 CDT 2012

Yes, an MPI process need not be an OS process, and there is in fact a long history of such implementations, starting (as far as I know) with TMPI.  An easy out is to make this optional and only apply when there is such a one-to-one mapping of MPI and OS processes.

Bill

William Gropp
Director, Parallel Computing Institute
Deputy Director for Research
Institute for Advanced Computing Applications and Technologies
Paul and Cynthia Saylor Professor of Computer Science
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign