[Mpi3-tools] New draft version of MPI_T

Martin Schulz schulzm at llnl.gov
Fri Jun 17 03:02:16 CDT 2011

Hi all,

I have uploaded a new draft version of MPI_T, hopefully
addressing all/most of the comments from last time, to the
Wiki at: https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/wiki/MPI3Tools/mpit

I have also attached the document.

The color markings are now relative to the approved and
current version of MPI.

The following issues are still open or at least should be
discussed by the group and it would be great if we could
get through those next Monday during our TelCon:

- Rolf requested to sort the arguments for each function to
first IN then OUT
        - this causes problems with string returns (would split
        buffer and length)
        - unclear what the right label for Recv is

- I added types to each prototype definition, but it was unclear
to me what to put for the character array.

- Should we make integers unsigned in the interface?

- Should we ad const where appropriate?

- Are we still OK with the text on the associating MPI objects
with variables? I am not sure anymore what the result of the
discussion was last time.

- What other changes in the rest of the standard document
do we still need to make - so far we only touched Init and
Finalize, as well as the language appendix. Anything else?

Also, it would be great if as many of you as possible could
read the document for correctness and consistency. Feel
free to send me corrections or, if you have too many, let
me know and I'll send you the TeX file to edit. We have
about two weeks now to get the document to a state so it
can pass the reading and I hope this is achievable.

If I missed any issue, please speak up.

Thanks,