[Mpi3-tools] MPI_T - Reviews and Question on Initialization

Dave Goodell goodell at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jul 1 00:13:30 CDT 2011

On Jun 30, 2011, at 3:22 AM CDT, Martin Schulz wrote:

> I am traveling Saturday-Tuesday. I would appreciate
> any comments, especially larger changes, before the
> weekend.

I've made a bunch of "ticket 0" changes directly in the SVN repository already (r858).  Here are the notes that I have that may require some group discussion:

page 37: Table 2.1 overflows the hbox, but I don't see any obvious way to fix it.  Does anyone have a suggestion?

page 45: the "obj_handle" argument has a strange type.  I expected it to be a "void *", not an "MPI_Aint *" with text about MPI_GET_ADDRESS.  Is this right?  Whether it is or it isn't, an example would probably go a long way towards clarifying usage of this routine.

page 46: "issued by the user consistently in all connected processes" is rather strong for GLOBAL.  There's no middle ground between LOCAL and GLOBAL that allows a collective per-communicator setting, for example.

I still need to go over the perfvar section more carefully, but I don't think that I'll get to it before the weekend.  Hopefully all that I find will be ticket 0 items that are fine to tweak after the 2-week cutoff.

-Dave