[Mpi3-tools] MPIR document

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Tue Jun 15 15:30:31 CDT 2010

Results from today...

The Forum was in favor of "blessing" the MPIR document as a separate document (i.e., outside of MPI-3) and hosting it on www.mpi-forum.org.  They felt that it would be important to follow the same voting procedure as is followed for the official MPI document.  That means   The reason for this is that this will become an important document, for the following reasons:

- A "gold standard" for tool writers
- A "gold standard" for MPI implementors
- A document to be used for procurements (i.e., RFPs say that MPI implementations/tools support what is described in this document, etc.)

Hence, my $0.02 on what we should do is the following (reference: list of upcoming MPI Forum meetings: http://meetings.mpi-forum.org/Meeting_details.php):

- convert the current document to the MPI Forum Latex format
- send the resulting document to the MPI Forum mailing list a minimum of 2 weeks before the September/Stuttgart meeting (this is a requirement for an official reading)
- bring up this latex-ified document in September/Stuttgart for an official first reading
- bring up this document in October/Chicago for a 1st vote
- bring up this document in December/California for a 2nd vote

I believe that it is also worthwhile for our fearless leader (Martin) to send a mail to the general MPI Forum list to announce our intention to execute this plan, and that it has the support of the attendees of the June MPI Forum (for the benefit of those who are not here at the meeting).

jsquyres at cisco.com
For corporate legal information go to: