[Mpi3-tools] New version of MPIT

Martin Schulz schulzm at llnl.gov
Sun Dec 5 21:39:35 CST 2010

Hi all,

I was hoping to put this on the Wiki since yesterday, but in order
to get this out at least a bit before the meeting, attached is the
latest version of the MPIT draft. I reworked the general parts
and the control variables based on the feedback from the last
draft and the discussions we had on the phone. I purposely
did not change the performance variables, yet, since they I
wanted to wait for the comments on the control variables. The
changes should be very similar.

Also, Dave added a reworked section on variable categories
(used to be the taxonomy section).

All changes are marked in the document (in green and with
change bars) and I also checked them into SVN.

The WG discussion on tools is scheduled for Wednesday
morning (12/8) during the MPI forum in San Jose. I hope we
can go over both parts (the control variables and the categories)
then.

Jeff, is there a chance to have a TelCon setup at that facility?
If so, would there be anyone interested in participating by
phone (it's from 9am to 11am PT)?

Thanks and see you on Wednesday!