[Mpi3-tools] MPI3 tools WG Mission Statement

Marc-Andre Hermanns m.a.hermanns at fz-juelich.de
Wed Sep 2 15:01:21 CDT 2009

Hi Martin,

sorry for having such a high latency. I experience some problems with my
internet connectivity.

> Most of these items have already been discussed and we have concrete
> proposals on the table and they are in the process of being written
> up. The only remaining item is the process acquisition interface.
> Nevertheless, this is a lot of work and I am worried about this new
> March deadline for getting this done to be included in the MPI 3
> standard. We should be able to get some of these items through, but
> it will a lot of work to make this work for all items (or even just
> the ones for which we have concrete ideas), in particular, since this
> schedule seems not to allow for any substantial feedback from the
> forum - basically, it seems that if there are even small objections
> that require a rewrite, the proposal already ends up in 3.1 or later.
> Has this been discussed?

See my mail to the forum mailing list (that finally got out a minute ago).

In short:

 - If we want something of our stuff included in a release scheduled for
   2010 (whatever the name of that release will be), we need to get the
   first reading in March
 - Anything else will have the time of roughly 3 years (minus the time
   for readings and votes)

Best regards,
Marc-Andre