[Mpi3-tools] lightweight event log

Marc-Andre Hermanns m.a.hermanns at fz-juelich.de
Mon Jun 29 07:42:31 CDT 2009

Hi Martin,

I am interested in how this logging facility is meant. Do you have a
more detailed description of it somewhere?

- What do you anticipate to be logged (despite of timestamps)?
- What will make it lightweight?
- Is there any way that a performance tool might hook into?

"[...] Users can then read and evaluate this event log at a later time.
[...]"

Who are these users? Application developers or tool developers?

Best regards,
Marc-Andre

Martin Schulz wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As discussed during the last meeting, our next MPI 3 tools WG TelCon
> is on 6/29
> at the usual time (8am PDT, 11am EDT, 5pm MSZ). The dial-in numbers
> are as
> usual:
>
>      * Toll Free Dial In Number for Offsite Participants: 866-914-3976
>      * International Access/Caller Paid Dial In Number: 925-424-8105
>      * Dial In Number for LLNL Onsite Participants: 4-8105
>      * Access Security Code: 860609 #
>
> So far, the agenda is to talk about a proposal for a general
> performance information
> interface. More information on this proposal is at:
>
> https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/wiki/MPI3Tools/pimpi
>
> If anybody wants to bring up another agenda item, please let me know.
>
> Martin

> Martin Schulz, schulzm at llnl.gov, http:// people.llnl.gov/schulz6
> CASC @ Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, USA

Marc-Andre Hermanns
Juelich Supercomputing Centre
Institute for Advanced Simulation
Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
D-52425 Juelich
Germany

Phone : +49-2461-61-2054
Fax   : +49-2461-61-6656
eMail : m.a.hermanns at fz-juelich.de
WWW   : http://www.fz-juelich.de/jsc/

JSC is the coordinator of the
John von Neumann Institute for Computing
and member of the
Gauss Centre for Supercomputing

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
                    Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender),
                    Prof. Dr. Harald Bolt,
                    Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt