[Mpi3-tools] First draft of MPIT interface / Feedback requested

Martin Schulz schulzm at llnl.gov
Tue Dec 29 15:34:33 CST 2009

Hi all,

I committed a first complete draft of the MPIT performance information
interface to
the SVN repository at:

trunk/MPI-3.0/wg/tools/new-tools-chapter

To get to it, check out the directory and run make. This creates the
file mpi-report.pdf,
which is a draft of the complete tools chapter proposal and currently
includes the
existing profiling interface and the MPIT proposal as well as
placeholders for the
other sections we discussed.

The draft for the MPIT interface itself is based on the discussions we
had in the
working group. I also added a first implementation (in the prototype
directory) that
includes a compliant header file as well as a dummy implementation of
MPIT.
Any feedback is welcome, either via email or during the next tools
meeting(s).

Thanks,

Martin

PS: You all should have access to the MPI repository (see notes from
our last
meeting). If not, please send email to Jeff and me.

Martin Schulz, schulzm at llnl.gov, http://people.llnl.gov/schulzm
CASC @ Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, USA