[Mpi3-tools] Meeting Minutes / Hot Button Issues / Next Meeting

Martin Schulz schulzm at llnl.gov
Mon Aug 10 18:49:23 CDT 2009

Hi all,

The minutes from today's meeting are on the Wiki at the usual place.
During
the meeting we came across several issues that we need feedback for from
a larger group. Please comment on them, either via the mail list or at
the next
meeting:

- How can we handle pre-MPI_Init calls to PIMPI?
          - Impact on type system, which may not be initialized?
          - Can we require types to be equivalent with MPI types?

- Which language bindings do we want? (C for sure, Fortran?)

- How are variables handled in the various MPIs and how can they best be
    represented as handles? Is it normal to have handles anyway or would
    handles for everything be too resources consuming?

- Are there existing schemes (from CORBA/DCOM or debuggers in general)
on
    how to represent names for types and enum members?

For the next meeting we plan on continuing the PIMPI API discussion
starting
with the counter state variables starting on slide 11 (and hopefully
finish it) - after
that the plan is to transition to the MPIR successor. The next meeting
is on 8/24
at the usual time at 8am PDT. We'll again be using Webex - the link
for the meeting
is on the Wiki.

Martin Schulz, schulzm at llnl.gov, http://people.llnl.gov/schulzm
CASC @ Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, USA