[Mpi3-tools] MPI handles interface

Bronis R. de Supinski bronis at llnl.gov
Thu Apr 16 18:30:47 CDT 2009

Jeff:

Hmm. My expectation was there would be query functions
for individual fields, a la MPI_Get_count. I guess I
don't have a strong feeling about it -- when you want
only one field, you will pay a somewhat significant
cost with your approach but your approach will be an
even bigger win when you want all of them. It may be
harder for an implementation to add fields with your
approach, I don't know...

Bronis