[Mpi3-tools] Meeting notes from 12/15 and next meetings (12/22 and 1/12)

Martin Schulz schulzm at llnl.gov
Sat Dec 20 14:52:15 CST 2008

Hi all,

We had a tools WG meeting during the MPI forum meeting last week
at Menlo Park. The notes and slides from this meeting are now
available on the Tools WG Wiki.

The main part was a discussion on how the MPIR interface is
currently implemented and used. The outcome of this discussion
is also on the Wiki, but needs further reviews, especially from
the tools community (in particular debugger developers).

We will try to hold a meeting next Monday 12/22 at 8am PT,
11am ET, 5pm MEZ to give people the chance to comment on this
MPIR discussion and to refine the document. Since not many
people might be around, we will hold off on any other topic
until the new year. The next regular TelCon will be on Monday
1/12 at the same time and the next topic (after the MPIR
interface) will be a discussion on Marty's MPI state proposal
as well as the performance information interface ideas.

Also, if anyone can't make it on Monday, please send comments
via email. It would be great if we could come to a conclusion
on the MPIR document rather sooner than later.

Thanks (and in case you can't make it Monday: Happy Holidays!),

Martin

PS: The Wiki is at:

https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/wiki/MPI3Tools