[Mpi3-tools] Reminder: MPI Tools WG TelCon tomorrow (Monday 12/8/08)

Martin Schulz schulzm at llnl.gov
Sun Dec 7 14:35:53 CST 2008

Hi all,

Just as a reminder: we are holding our first MPI Forum Tools WG
TelCon tomorrow, Monday 12/8/08, at 8am PT, 11am ET, 5pm MEZ.

Here is the dial-in information:

 > Toll Free Dial In Number for Offsite Participants:  866-914-3976
 > International Access/Caller Paid Dial In Number:  925-424-8105
 > Dial In Number for LLNL Onsite Participants:  4-8105
 >
 > Access Security Code: 860609 #

So far the goals of this group (based on the discussion at the
MPI Forum meeting in Dublin) are to define three standardization
proposals:

- A performance query interface to give tools access to MPI internal
   performance information (without restricting implementation freedom)
- A process acquisition interface allowing tools to identify and track
   all processes of one MPI job (based on the existing MPIR API).
- A debugging interface giving debuggers an easy way to investigate
   MPI state

If there are other topics that should be included in this WG, please
bring them up tomorrow or send email to this list.

To get started tomorrow, I would suggest to go over these topics, see
where we are and how to proceed with each and then to prioritize the
order in which we want to address them.

If anyone has additional suggestions for the agenda, please let me
know.

Thanks and talk to you all tomorrow,