[mpiwg-sessions] Please meet today , i.e. undo the Cancel 6/19/23 meeting

Rolf Rabenseifner rabenseifner at hlrs.de
Mon Jun 19 03:55:06 CDT 2023

Dear Howard, Martin, and Session-Folks,

the meeting today would be important because we should try to resolve the problems
about datatype (and operation) handles
- that are in principle not related to a session
- and therefore can be already created before a specific session is initialized,
  where it is used,
- and can be used in a session B after the session A
  during which the handle was created is already finalized,
- and betweeen such sessions A and B can be a gab of no sessions or World Model is initialized.

I just checked whether our sessions zoom meeting URL can be used at any time:
 Yes, it worked.
Therefore, we can meet as we wanted to do, i.e., today 9 am CDT = 4 PM CEST.

Therefore,
@Howard,
  can we meet today?
  (I hope that all in US may find this email before the meeting starts today)
@Martin,
  you may update internally the time slot of the existing weekly
  Zoom URL to start at 9 am CDT = 4 PM CEST

I'll update the pdf of issue #710 / PR 823 today before the meeting starts.
The PR 823 itself is already up-to-date.
The pdf will include additional options for the discussion today.

Details:
- Sessions meeting protocol from last Monday:
    https://github.com/mpiwg-sessions/sessions-issues/wiki/2023-06-12-webex
- #710 Errata: 'Pending communication' not defined in MPI_Comm_disconnect    Rolf
     Issue https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/710
     PR    https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-standard/pull/823

Best regards
Rolf