[mpiwg-sessions] [EXTERNAL] We missed a bit -- §19.3.3

Pritchard Jr., Howard howardp at lanl.gov
Thu Jan 6 09:35:25 CST 2022

HI Dan,

Thanks for the catch.  Are you going to open an issue?  Otherwise I will.

Howard

From: mpiwg-sessions <mpiwg-sessions-bounces at lists.mpi-forum.org> on behalf of MPI Sessions working group <mpiwg-sessions at lists.mpi-forum.org>
Date: Thursday, January 6, 2022 at 7:51 AM
To: MPI Sessions working group <mpiwg-sessions at lists.mpi-forum.org>
Cc: Dan Holmes <danholmes at chi.scot>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [mpiwg-sessions] We missed a bit -- §19.3.3

Hi all,

I found section 19.3.3 by accident while looking for something else. It talks about initialising MPI for multiple language support but only mentions the world model procedures (without even using the phrase “world model”). We should have inserted the sessions model way of initialising MPI, IMHO. This should be tidied up for MPI-4.1, if others agree.

Cheers,
Dan.
—
Dr Daniel Holmes PhD