[mpiwg-sessions] Sessions WG - meet today

Dan Holmes danholmes at chi.scot
Tue Mar 2 10:38:28 CST 2021

HI Rolf (et al),

We should be very careful, from a procedural point-of-view, about creating new issues now that we are properly past the end of the voting meeting. Any issue created before the end of the voting meeting can be treated like an errata (i.e. a single vote with a majority in favour carrying the day), but all issues created after the voting meeting has ended must be treated as no-no-votes (i.e. a single vote where every voting member has a unilateral veto).

Thus: let us keep the existing crop of issues and fiddle only with the pull requests.

On a different note, there should be no reason to replace the existing PR either - we merely need to fix the branch on which it is based. I have merged the current mpi-4-rc branch into the branch behind PR519 and it now shows a much small list of changes - things that are, I guess, really not in mpi-4-rc.

Please re-check PR519 now does something we do want, nothing we don’t want, and addresses the issue 424 with which it is 1-to-1 associated.

Cheers,
Dan.
—
Dr Daniel Holmes PhD