[mpiwg-sessions] Question on MPI_THREAD_FUNNELED

Martin Schulz schulzm at in.tum.de
Sat Feb 13 15:52:57 CST 2021

Hi all,

Can MPI_Session_Init be called with requesting MPI_THREAD_FUNNELED from two different threads? If so, does MPI return MPI_THREAD_FUNNELED or MPI_THREAD_SERIALIZED? Can I match this with MPI_Init_thread using  MPI_THREAD_FUNNELED  from a different thread?

If we assume full isolation, that should work, right?

Also, can I make two concurrent MPI calls from two different threads at the same time, assuming the MPI calls use MPI objects derived from two different sessions, both initialized with MPI_THREAD_SERIALIZED?

Thanks,

Martin

Member of the Board of Directors at the Leibniz Supercomputing Centre (LRZ)
Email: schulzm at in.tum.de